Basis Technology Corporation and its wholly owned subsidiaries commit to developing and adopting a proactive approach to tackling modern slavery.
Modern Slavery is a crime and a violation of fundamental human rights. It includes forced labor and human trafficking for labor exploitation; payment for work-finding services and work-related exploitation such as forced use of accommodation. It is understood that these forms of exploitation are often well hidden by the perpetrators, with victims, if they perceive themselves as such, reluctant to come forward.
This policy is applicable to all our employees at Basis Technology Corporation and its wholly owned subsidiaries, including Basis Technology Ltd., Basis Technology K.K., and Basis Technology Israel Ltd.
Basis Technology Corporation and its wholly owned subsidiaries, including Basis Technology Ltd., Basis Technology K.K., and Basis Technology Israel Ltd., are responsible for implementation of this policy, and for providing the necessary training, updating and auditing of this policy to ensure the policy is met and has been committed too.
Basis Technology Corporation and its wholly owned subsidiaries shall:
- Ensure that all staff responsible for directly recruiting workers are trained to be aware of issues around third party labor exploitation and signs to look for and have signed appropriate Compliance Principles.
- Ensure that labor sourcing, recruitment and worker placement processes are under the control of trusted and competent staff members.
- Adopt a proactive approach to reporting suspicions of hidden worker exploitation to the Appropriate local authorities.
- Provide information and training for all employees on modern slavery exploitation.
- Encourage workers to report cases of hidden third party labor exploitation, provide the means to do so and investigate and act on reports appropriately.
- Communicate a zero tolerance approach to modern slavery to all supplier, contractors and partners.