Standardizing named entities for the Intelligence Community
Subtle discrepancies in the spellings of names within translated documents can lead to recurring
flaws and missed opportunities. IC transliteration standards exist to eliminate these
discrepancies, but adhering to them is time-consuming and error-prone.
Highlight was created by
linguistics and text analytics experts at Basis Technology in order to simplify IC-compliant
workflow and report generation, greatly reducing the number of name inconsistencies from
translator and intelligence analyst reports. And thanks to sponsorship by ODNI and
administration by DIA, Highlight is available at
no cost to users across the IC.
- Supports 5 languages: Arabic, Dari, Farsi, Mandarin, Pashto
- IC-compliant entity standardization for people and places
- Record/review edits for quality control and enhanced analytics
- Word and Excel plug-ins for Microsoft Office 2007 & 2010
- Accredited for Top Secret, Secret, and Unclassified Government Systems
- Certificate of Networthiness
What Highlight means for linguists & analyst users
- Reduce time spent memorizing IC standards.
- Move from translation mode to edit mode.
- Automate a tedious, repetitive process.
- Work directly in Word and Excel documents.
Acquire Highlight for your department