Autopsy® is the premier digital forensics platform, built by Basis Technology and the open source community, consisting of thousands of users and developers worldwide.
Autopsy comes with the core features you would expect to find in commercial products, but also enables the creation of fast, thorough, and efficient hard drive investigation tools that evolve with your needs.
Download Autopsy 3.1 Now!
New in Autopsy 3.1!
- Multiple parallel pipelines for ingest
- File extension mismatch detection via signatures
- Android phone dump ingest module (parses contacts, call logs, messages)
- KML report module (EXIF information from JPEGs to Google Earth)
- PST email file parsing
- Full Japanese language localization
Autopsy® is an open source digital investigation tool (a.k.a. digital forensic tools) that run on Windows and is built on top of The Sleuth Kit®. Autopsy can used to analyze disk images and perform in-depth analysis of file systems (such as NTFS, FAT, HFS+, Ext3, and UFS) and several volume system types.
Examiners and analysts can use the Autopsy to conduct an investigation. Join the Autopsy and sleuthkit users list to ask questions and help others.
Developers can write modules to extend the functionality of both Autopsy and the underlying TSK platform. Refer to the Autopsy Developer’s Guide or the TSK Framework Module Writer’s Guide for details on how to incorporate your tools into TSK and Autopsy.
- Simple Windows installation and intuitive and efficient workflow
- Recent user activity extraction, including web activity and registry analysis
- Keyword list and pattern search, including phone numbers, email addresses, URLs, and IP addresses
- Hash database management
- File signature and mismatch detection
- Email analysis
- Case management, file tagging, and report generation
- Timeline analysis and creation
Like many open source projects, Autopsy has an active online user community to help with basic problems and maintain email lists for users and developers. Oftentimes this level of support by the community has a difficult time scaling to enterprise level users. Most open source community members invest personal time to answer questions, and enterprise users deserve the responsiveness of dedicated partners who invest their corporate means into the support of the technology.
To maximize your efficiency and reduce the learning curve that can sometimes come with adopting a new tool, Basis Technology offers focused, hands-on training sessions for Autopsy. Our experienced training instructors lead in-depth sessions at fully-equipped training labs throughout the continental United States.
The training sessions are scheduled year. Basis Technology also provides mobile training, including shipping the training lab and instructor to your facility (or your preferred location). Please contact us for information regarding pricing and availability.